Prep: 35 mins plus marinating
Cook: 30 mins
- 2 tbsp Piri-piri seasoning
- Grated rind and juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, optional
- 12 chicken mini fillets, halved lengthways
- 2 ripe avocadoes, halved, stoned and peeled
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 red pepper, cored, deseeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, cored, deseeded and sliced
- 8 x medium flat breads or tortilla wraps
- 2 medium tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 125g Feta, crumbled
- Handful of fresh coriander
Mix together the Piri-piri seasoning, lime rind, chopped coriander, oil, salt and freshly ground black pepper, if using, in a shallow dish until well blended. Add the chicken and turn to evenly coat. Cover and allow to marinate for 2 hrs.
Meanwhile using a fork mash the avocado in a bowl and stir in lime juice, chilli, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cover and chill until ready to use.
Place the griddle flat side down on the hob and heat over a high heat until very hot and smoking. Meanwhile warm a dish in a low oven. Add the chicken fillets to the griddle and cook for about 6-8 minutes, reducing temperature, if necessary and turning occasionally until scored and chicken is tender. Transfer the chicken to the warm dish and keep warm.
Add the onions and peppers to the griddle and cook for about 8 minutes, turning occasionally until scored and softened.
Transfer onions and peppers to the warm dish and keep warm. Add the flat breads to the griddle and cook, in batches, for about 3 minutes, turning once until scored and heated through.
Transfer the flat breads to serving plates. Spread over avocado and scatter over tomatoes. Top with chicken, onions and peppers. Scatter over Feta and coriander and serve.